Firestick is here to stay. It has some impressive features for just $35, but its main drawback is its lack of support for most TV apps. But fear not, the Firestick is the perfect solution to fix this problem.
Firestick is one of the most versatile streaming products on the market, offering access to thousands of movies and television shows on demand, as long as you have an internet connection. The remote control comes with several extra features, including the ability to play music, pause live TV, and more. However, some of the advanced functionality only works on some streaming channels, so it is worth knowing how to program the remote.
Firestick Remote is not just a remote to operate TV, but it is an awesome tool for you to manage your home entertainment system. It can turn your TV into a smart TV, just by using Firestick Remote. Firestick Remote is the only app that can also serve as a universal remote control for your devices like TV, Blu-ray player, game consoles, cable boxes. And you don’t need to install additional apps to use this awesome remote.
High-definition televisions (HDTVs) have been around for a long time. It may be found in almost every home. Even if your HDTV isn’t sophisticated enough, you can now do so using streaming devices like Amazon’s Firestick. What exactly does it entail? It basically turns your ordinary HDTV into a Smart TV. You’ll have immediate access to Wi-Fi, a plethora of applications, streaming services, and the ability to listen to music. Alexa, Amazon’s speech assistant, can even manage your TV. If you’ve just purchased an Amazon Firestick or Fire TV Cube, keep reading to learn how to configure the Remote Control for the Firestick to your television.
If your TV has a 4K output, an Amazon Fire Stick configuration will provide you access to limitless material and allow you to view it in 4K quality. Firesticks are available in a variety of configurations and at various pricing ranges. You may also use voice commands to operate your TV if you have an Alexa smart speaker. So, if you’re new to Amazon’s Firestick setup, here’s a quick tutorial to programming or pairing your Firestick remote with your HDTV.
How to Connect a Firestick Remote to a Television
What does it mean to configure a Firestick remote to work with your television? To put it another way, pairing the remote with your TV allows you to operate both your TV and your Firestick device with a single remote. Aside from that, you may connect up to 7 Firestick remotes to a TV and pair or configure them. To configure or connect a Firestick remote with a TV, follow these instructions.
- Firestick Remote
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Device (Android or iOS)
- App for the Firestick Remote
Use your phone as a remote control for your Firestick
You’ll need to use the Firestick Remote app on your smartphone to connect the Firestick Remote. So, first and foremost, let’s look at how to utilize your smartphone as a Firestick remote. This tutorial is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
- Install the Firestick app on your device. You can get it for free on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Make that the Firestick is turned on and that it is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone.
- To begin, open the app. It should recognize your Firestick device almost immediately. If not, just pick it from the list of new devices.
- Sign in using the same Amazon account you used to set up your Firestick.
- Your TV will now display a four-digit PIN. In the app, enter the PIN.
- You may now use your smartphone as a remote after the app has been connected with the Firestick.
- All of the remote’s buttons will appear on your phone’s screen straight away.
How to Set Up a New Firestick Remote
- First and foremost, connect your Firestick to your TV through HDMI.
- Turn on your TV and choose the Firestick as your input source. Using the remote that came with your TV, you can alter it.
- Check to see whether your Firestick control has batteries and if they are in good working order.
- You may use the Firestick app on your Android or iOS as a remote for your Firestick before pairing the remote with your TV.
- Select the Settings option on the main Firestick home screen when using your smartphone as a remote.
- Select Equipment Control from the side scroll menu by scrolling to the right.
- On the following page, choose Manage Equipment, followed by TV.
- After that, you’ll want to choose Change TV.
- The guided setup will begin right here. This should take around 5 to 10 minutes.
- The Firestick setup will now attempt to figure out which television it is attached to.
- When it properly detects your TV, it will display a popup message asking whether you are sure it is the appropriate TV.
- You may simply choose Yes if it has, or No if it has not.
- It will now show you a list of TV brands and ask you to choose which one you have from the list.
- After you’ve chosen your TV, the setup will be complete, and you’ll be able to control your TV using the Firestick remote. It may also ask you to verify the pairing by pressing the power button or volume key, so follow the instructions on your TV screen.
Replacing or adding a second remote to your Firestick is a good idea.
It’s possible that you’ve misplaced the Firestick control that you had previously programmed with your television. The setup is quick and straightforward thanks to the Firestick’s ability to configure up to seven remotes. This is how you go about doing it.
- From the Firestick’s home screen, go to the settings option. With the Firestick app loaded, you can use your phone as a remote.
- Choose Controllers and Devices from the drop-down menu.
- Select Amazon Fire TV Remote, then Add New Remote from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Home button on the new Firestick remote when the Firestick starts looking for a new remote.
- Keep your finger on the button for approximately 10 seconds. This activates the discovery mode on your Firestick control.
- Sooner or later, the TV should recognize your new Firestick control. Select the remote by hitting the Select button on your old remote or the Select button on the mobile app.
- And that’s how you can add a new remote to your Firestick, or even more.
Reprogram or unpair the Firestick remote
- To begin, unplug the Firestick from its power source.
- Reconnect the Firestick gadget to its power supply after a few seconds.
- Once the Firestick is turned on and connected to the internet, it will take you to its home screen.
- Now click the Home button on the Firestick remote you want to unpair.
- Hold the button down until the orange light flashes, then let go.
- If your remote does not have a light, just press and hold the Home button for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Release the button as soon as you see a window on your TV that indicates the remote has been unplugged.
- This is how you can disconnect or unpair a Firestick remote.
It’s simple to add a new firestick remote to your TV. It should take around 5 to 7 minutes to complete the setup. You may now utilize voice commands with Amazon’s Alexa smart assistant if your remote is set to your television. Have you programmed a new remote for your Firestick or just chosen to utilize the Firestick’s mobile app to operate it? Please let us know in the comments.
Some to this day still argue about whether to use Firestick or Google Chromecast. The truth is that both are great devices, but they also have certain pros and cons. Both are great for watching Netflix or other streaming services, but both are not good when it comes to playing games. Firestick is great in this regard, It has a lot of options in programming the remote control to play certain games, but I would highly recommend you to use your Firestick remote for this, to avoid problems in the future.. Read more about how to pair a new fire stick remote without the old one and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I map my fire stick remote to my TV?
You can use the following steps to map your remote to your TV. 1) Press and hold the Home button on your remote until you see a message appear on screen that says Mapping Home. 2) Use the arrow keys on your remote to navigate through the list of available devices. 3) Select your device from the list, then press enter.
How do I recalibrate my Firestick remote to my TV?
You can use the following steps to recalibrate your remote. 1. Press and hold the Home button on the remote for about 10 seconds until a red light starts flashing on it. 2. Press and hold the Power button on the remote for about 10 seconds until a green light starts flashing on it. 3. Release both buttons at the same time, then press them again in quick succession to turn off power saving mode.
What is the Guide button on Firestick remote?
The Guide button on the Firestick remote is used to navigate through the menus.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- reset firestick remote
- firestick remote not pairing
- how to unpair firestick remote
- firestick remote
- firestick remote not working